A Volusia County man was electrocuted and died after his wedding ring touched an object behind a dishwasher he was installing at his relatives’ home Thursday, police said.
Jason Ferguson, 33, of Port Orange, was leaning on the metal door of a dishwasher he was installing for his brother-in-law and sister-in-law at their home in South Daytona when his wedding ring touched an element in the appliance, the South Daytona Police Department said.
Ferguson’s family was getting dinner ready as he assisted them with the new appliance about 7 p.m.
“It was noticed that Mr. Ferguson was on his knees leaning against the dishwasher with his left arm extended behind the dishwasher and was not moving nor had he moved in a few minutes,” officials said.
Ferguson was electrocuted and taken to Halifax Medical Center where he died upon arrival, Lt. Daniel Dietrich of the South Daytona Police Department said.