A home in an upscale Weldon Spring neighborhood that has been overrun by brown recluse spiders is finally getting rid of the eight legged creatures.
Crews have covered the house, which is located near Whitmoor Country Club, with a giant tent and pumped in poison gas to kill the spiders.
According to the report the spider problem began in 2007, when Brian and Susan Trost noticed a spider ducking behind a piece of loose wallpaper.
A month later their four-year-old son screamed for help from the basement, a half dollar spider was inches from his foot.
After they captured the spider they Googled for the species – it was a brown recluse.
According to emedicinehealth brown recluse spider bites can be fatal for children under the age of seven.
The Trosts sued the previous owners over not telling them about the problem, and were awarded $472,110.
The previous owners refused to pay, eventually filing for bankruptcy.