One Direction are planning to temporarily disband for a year in March to focus on solo projects, it has been reported.
Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan’s last concert together will be on October 31 at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, The Sun has reported.
According to the newspaper, the band has “mutually agreed” to take at least a year out to pursue solo projects.
The boys are said to have held “crunch talks” in London last week, where they decided to take an “extended hiatus” following a series of long tours.
A source close to the boys explained to the newspaper: “The guys have been together for five years, which is an incredible run for any boyband.
“They fully deserve to have at least a year to work on their own projects. There is absolutely no bad blood between them and they are all 100 per cent behind the decision.”
The source added: “It is definitely not a split and they fully intend to get back together at some time in the future.”
One Direction will continue with the release of their 5th studio album, but are said to have decided against launching a tour for it.
The news is sure to shock the band’s fans following Zayn Malik’s sudden departure earlier this year.