Disney World was forced to evacuate one of its rides on Saturday night after it caught on fire.
The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which opened in May of this year, is thought to have been set ablaze when embers from a firework’s display that landed a nearby installation.
The fire was first reported on social media around 10:20 p.m.
Reedy Creek Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire within minutes, according to eyewitnesses. An aerial ladder was used to put out the fire.
The fire was quickly put out, and no one was hurt, a Disney spokeswoman said. As of 11 p.m., multiple eyewitnesses said the fire was out.
Reedy Creek fire officials said fire likely started when fallout fireworks landed on top of the attraction and ignited decorative materials on the outside of the structure.
“We believe fireworks fell from the Magic Kingdom fireworks show and the ash landed at the top of the attraction, catching the fake grass on fire,” Bo Jones, spokesman for the Reedy Creek Fire Department, said in a statement. “The fire was contained to just the grass and did not get into the building or structure.”
The fire occurred during regular park hours and was difficult to access due to its location.
Passengers on the ride were able to get off safely. No injuries or major structure damage was reported.
The family-friendly roller coaster was closed for two hours before reopening around midnight.