A one-month-old child is in hospital with serious injuries after a fire at a home in the Jane and Finch area Wednesday afternoon.
They were called to the scene at 5:30 p.m and found the infant badly burned to the face, nose and arms.
Paramedics took the child to hospital in serious condition.
The cause of the fire appears to be accidental after an 8-year-old sibling was allegedly playing with a lighter at the time and laundry was accidentally ignited in an upstairs bedroom.
Their grandmother was in a different room at the time of the incident.
Toronto Fire officials say the girl is breathing on her own in hospital.